Friday, August 05, 2005

In My Own Mind...

The other night as I sat out in my living room, drinking Malibu rum straight from the bottle, while listening to a CD I mixed, I was overcome with emotion from a recent situation that I have be going through..

First I listen to Brian McKnight tell me that he would Always Love Me (You), and I thought that may be true, because people normally don't stop loving someone, even when they let you down and leave you there, they will still have love for you, then Tamia told me that there was a Stranger In Her House, and she couldn't figure it out, clothes were the same, pictures remained in the frames, but there was a stranger living there, so then she asked herself, was it she that was the stranger.

Dave Hollister said I'm Wrong, and expressed that how sorry he was and that he thought I would never leave him, regardless of the lies and the stories, and now he knows he was wrong, so when R.Kelly stopped by and told me the story of A Woman's Threat, we all took notice, because we have heard the threats before, but now they speak a little more loudly and clearly.

So when Maxwell came by to speak on A Woman's Work, he told me that there were things he should have said but he never said, and things that he should have been done, but were never did, and if I knew of a way to make the pain go away.

After a while Beyonce and nem' told me how good it feels to be Free, when your mind is made up and your heart is in the right place. I said to myself, these heffas might be on to something, because I once knew what it felt like to be free, and if only I could get back to that place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home